Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 09

I used to think 2010 was some far away year and by then, we did be so advanced we could be travelling by air as a means of normal public transport. lol!

Well, i think in a way, technology has made us "fly" thur the internet. We are zooming from MSN to FB to Twitter and whatever new stuff that is on the pipeline.

At times, i wish i could just cry out for time to just slow down a little. Maybe i shd be telling myself to slow down a little. Time flies and at broadband speed at that as well.

I worry more these days. Much more and often i cannot help it. Of course Jesus says do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has its own worries. Well, its hard not to worry sometimes. I realise one of my biggest worry is letting people down. I think i will freeze at the thought that someone felt i had let them down. Carrying someone else's weight of expectations on your shoulders is not easy and unwise as well. And yet, to know i had fallen short of one's expectations really depresses me. I felt a sense of uselessness and guilt. I did kick myself over it and to be honest, i hate it when someone makes me feel like this. I think for both work as well as relationships, i take it harder i guess than most people.

Of course, there is the rationale of why let other people's views affect u? It is their perspective and their self imposed weight of expectations anyway. I never promised anything. This reminded me of how i felt when i am watching Liverpool. I always wanted the best for them, to win every game and i always rooted for them! However, when they lost games they shd have won, i hated them for making me feel disappointed. But then again, its all me. I wanted the win! I wanted them to be Champions. I wanted them to beat the heck of out Manchester United. haha!

Anyway, i remembered i cried when Liverpool lost 0-2 to Arsenal to lose the league title on the last day of the season. I think i was only nine years old then. I could not sleep the whole night and i finally fell asleep out of exhausion. Yeah, i was that kind of a fan (or fanatic)

Anyway, work has not been ideal. Has not been for a while but who really has the perfect job? lol!

But i do believe i have my priorities right. I thank God for His love, mercy and grace. I know at times i read the Bible or Daily Bread but my mind actually wonders and i am reading the words but i am not getting the intended message.

Christmas is just next month and what a wonderful day it is, where our Lord Jesus was born. God has sent Him to redeem us from sin and to give us eternal life.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things on earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His Glory and Grace.

Yes, my friends, when we turn our eyes to Jesus, the glory of our Lord dims everything else. Work problems, quarrels, anger, jealousy and hatred suddenly seems strangely trival when we turn our eyes to our Lord.

Praise God!

Amen

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 26 November, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tippy,

Without love, commitment becomes an obligation. Without love, the world becomes selfish with its own interest in mind.

Love for the people who you are with, appreciate them for entering your life and and be thankful for the differences they have made in your life.

When we are too engrossed in worries, we are consumed by the worrying thoughts that we create a world that separates us from the actual reality. We ignore our friends/relatives/family members who love us with their hearts and in the process, may hurt their feelings as well.

Loving someone is not just a feeling but to prove it with actions. Prove it with your actions where it comes from the heart, not from people’s expectations on you. When you do, everything becomes enjoyment, just like the fact that you would go and watch Liverpool matches without someone telling you because you want to.

I am glad that you feel depressed when you fail to meet someone’s expectations on you, because it means that you value this person and that’s why you want to try to meet this person’s expectation. But don’t get too depressed over it.

Let me quote an example, an old man is always being nagged at his wife for missing the medication a few times. He gets irritated when he constantly hears his wife scolding him for that. But looking at his wife’s point of view, it’s because she loves him, and is worried and concerned about his health. If not, she wouldn’t bother about his matters and to put it bluntly, she would adopt the "just let him die if he misses his medication” mentality! Try to look at & understand the other person’s point of view for the statements that he/she makes.

I am not sure whose expectations that you find it hard to meet. But living/working together means that you have to learn how to compromise without losing your own identity. Try to let the person know about how you feel if you find it hard to reach that expectation. Communication is very important because the other person do not know how you feel unless you voice it out. Of course, this has to be done in a right time, right place where both parties are willing to listen in a tactful manner.

And don't worry too much about everything because we spend too much time worrying about time, we end up not enjoying life too!

Christmas is coming soon, why not spend time meaningfully thinking about how you are going to celebrate this festive season with your loved ones?

Merry Christmas to you in advance!

 
At Sunday, 29 November, 2009 , Blogger Tippy said...

Thanks friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home